YOUTH ENGAGEMENT FACILITATOR
Temporary Part Time: 20 hours per week
Start date: August 6th 2018
End date: June 28th 2019
(NB: One 40 hour week will be required during Spring Break, March 16-22nd 2019)
Remuneration: $20 per hour
Crimson Coast Dance Society’s annual Body Talk dance program provides a weekly workshop series, spring break program and finale performance – providing career exploration mentorship in the performing arts, for the youth of Nanaimo. The Youth Engagement Facilitator will create, facilitate and coordinate outreach activities associated with the Body Talk Program, coach the Body Talk Youth Council (“Cru”) in the organization of promotional activities for various events associated with the program, develop the production/performance skills of the Cru members, and broaden the community outreach of Crimson Coast Dance Society – especially with regard to engaging young adults in local dance initiatives. The Youth Engagement Facilitator will also document plans for this program in association with the organization.
- Arrange and facilitate regular meetings of Cru members (once per week). Support rehearsal direction, design team meetings, administration, production, and creative development of the Body Talk program.
- Organize and implement opportunities for mentorship for the Cru members in areas of: production management, stage tech, graphic design, marketing, and publicity.
- Establish task and publicity timeline for the Body Talk Cru and their parents in relation to the Finale Performance and auxiliary promotional events.
- Structure cultural outreach activities designed to stimulate awareness and raise the profile of contemporary dance in the community within the context of the Body Talk program.
- Ensure that all activities are acceptable to the Society and within the guidelines of Made In BC and comply with the terms of the Society’s agreement with Made In BC.
- Support the mentorship of a VIU Child and Youth Care Practicum student, who will act as assistant to the facilitator
- Utilize social media for promotional and communications purposes.
- Consult with staff on promotional materials, plans, schedules, responsibilities, and community theatre partnership facilitation.
- Facilitate Cru activities for International Dance Day; April 29, 2019.
- Host post Event meetings between the Body Talk Cru and Society staff to review the successes and failures of the Events and facilitate youth curation of artists for the following year.
- Maintain clear and concise records of steps taken and work undertaken in the delivery of the services
- Attend one meeting of the Board of Directors of the Society with at least one Cru member to report the outcomes of the Events.
- Submit a final report through MIBC template with testimonials by youth, parents, audience.
- Experience working with and/or mentoring youth.
- Pedagogical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Stage production/management experience.
- Familiarity with arts administration, fundraising, marketing and promotions.
- Social Media literate.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to Bryony Dixon at: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also check out our VOLUNTEER PAGE for other ways you can become involved with Crimson Coast Dance.